Quarterly, starting November 18
Leverage the Power of Analytics to Make Better-informed Decisions
Healthcare leaders are faced with important decisions that impact their organizations — enterprise-wide. By harnessing the power of analytics, leaders can make data-driven decisions that positively impact quality, cost, and care.
Participants in the Certificate in Healthcare Analytics for Decision-Makers will gain experience contemplating data, determining informed results, and making evidence-based decisions. They will learn to ask the right questions, evaluate data collection schemes, and interpret complex data sets from various sources. Expert faculty will demonstrate how to apply theories of statistical models and utilize evaluation methodologies.
In only eight weeks, participants will become empowered to leverage healthcare analytics in their organization, influence important decisions, and achieve better results.
The program will equip healthcare professionals with a know-how for analytics and using hard evidence to make better-informed decisions. Upon completion of this program, graduates will bring greater efficiencies and control across certain metrics; including readmission rates. This eight-week program carries 16 CEUs.
- Ask the correct questions prior to data collection and analysis, and search for possible alternative explanations upon completion
- Identify biases that may corrupt the decision-making process and develop mechanisms for avoiding those biases
- Use spreadsheets to model mathematics
- Understand practical statistical models that can be used to forecast the future
- Identify significant group differences and gauge the practical value of those differences
- Create rational frameworks to identify, embrace, integrate, and mitigate risk in the decision-making process
- Understand mathematical theories of optimization used to determine the best solutions to perplexing problems
- Create accurate, compelling, and convincing presentations to ensure implementation of analysts’ recommendations
- Think critically about healthcare issues and use an integrated approach when making decisions leveraging expertise in all substantive areas
In eight weeks, the Certificate covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Descriptive Analytics
- Making Inferences and Practical Probability Theory
- Relationships Among Variables: Introduction to Correlations
- Multiple Regression
- Framework for Decision-Making
- Finding Optimized Solutions in Healthcare
Basic knowledge of math and Microsoft Excel
What You Will Earn
- A certificate from the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School