Dignity Health Global Education (DHGE), a limited company registered in England under company number 11509180. Registered address: Belmont House, Station Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1JA
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms") carefully - by visiting or using the DHGE Website, you agree to be legally bound by and comply with its terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms or are not able to enter into a binding agreement, then, unfortunately, you may not register for a course or use our services. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Language: English is the language of instruction and administration for all DHGE short courses.
- Communications: You may receive communication from DHGE representatives via email, telephone and text message for course administration and related purposes, related to these Terms. You agree and consent to receipt of such communications (although you may opt-out of any generic marketing communications that are unrelated to course administration, at any time, through the supplied opt-out mechanism).
- Correct details: it is the student’s sole responsibility to ensure that DHGE has the correct and up-to-date email address in its records, and for the student to review and act upon such email notifications.
- Course changes: DHGE reserves the right to alter published programmes, change- tutors, course specifications, to cancel or change the content of lectures and/or study materials, and to alter dates and locations from the previously published materials.
- Assessment methods: Practical formative assessment in form of weekly tasks and leadership exercises.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner which demonstrates respect for DHGE and its staff, fellow students and property (whether tangible or intangible).
- You shall ensure all documents and information you provide to us are true, authentic and correct.
- You shall not make any un-authorized visual and/or audio recordings of lecture and other learning and teaching activities.
- All work is intended to be an individual piece of work. Students should ensure they read through work prior to submission. Action will be taken where a student is suspected of having cheated or engaged in any dishonest practice. Students must not copy or collude with one another or present any information that they themselves have not generated.
- Course registration and fees, login credentials and course materials are non-transferable between students.
Minimum system requirements
- Screen Size: Our LMS is best viewed at a minimum resolution of 800x600. If you want to view it on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux – Chrome OS
- Mobile Operating System Native App Support: As of January 5, 2019, Android apps require version 5.0 or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS both support the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
- Computer Speed and Processor: Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible with 2GB of RAM and 2GHz processor
- Internet Speed: Along with compatibility and web standards, our LMS has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments - Minimum of 512kbps
- Screen Readers:
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Internet Explorer)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox
- There is no screen reader support for Canvas in Chrome
- The latest version of Adobe Flash Player recommended
- Adobe Reader XI or higher (Adobe Reader DC recommended)
Pricing and Payment
- Course fee: when you register for the course you agree to pay the applicable fee.
- Currency: all amounts are quoted in US Dollars and include tax where applicable.
- Reminders: you hereby acknowledge and consent to us contacting you in relation to payments due by you for a course or in terms of these Terms, by way of email, text message, telephone calls, or other means as determined by us.
- Dispute: If there is a dispute between us relating to the payment of any course fee, or the way in which you use the Online Campus or the DHGE Website, we may at our sole discretion suspend your participation in the course for the period of the dispute.
- Payment methods: DHGE uses Stripe to process payments. Stripe accepts all major debit and credit cards from customers in every country.
Cancellations and refunds
- If you wish to cancel your course prior to the Start date you must contact your Community Manager for consent. All requests must be received 5 business days prior to the start date.
- If you withdraw from the Programme without our prior consent there will be no refund.
- There will be no refund of the Programme Fee if you withdraw from the Program at any stage after the Program Start Date.
- We accept no liability for any costs or losses incurred by you through cancellation of the Contract
- If we cancel the course for any reason you will have the option of a refund or deferral.
- All applications for a refund are subject to an administration charge of $50.
Complaints and Feedback
- DHGE encourages feedback from students for our continuous improvement of programs and processes. We may also use feedback for marketing purposes.
- General complaints policy:
- Timing: DHGE reserves the right not to accept retrospective complaints or queries. All feedback must be given prior to the completion of your course.
- Contact: During your course you can contact your Community Manager with any complaints or feedback.
- Confidentiality: We recognize the importance of protecting your information – as such, all complaints will be handled in a confidential manner. In cases where the internal sharing of information is necessary to resolve a complaint, reasonable steps will be taken to ensure a limitation on the number of people acquainted with the complaint. In order to fully address a complaint, it may, in some cases, be necessary to share information with the University collaborating on your course.
- Recording of complaints: We will keep a record of all complaints and their outcomes. Complaints data is subject to periodic analysis, with the aim of continuously refining and improving our processes or product and service offering.
- Response: Please allow 4 weeks for our complete response.
Deferrals and transfers
- If you wish to defer your course you must contact your Community Manager. All requests must be received 2 business days prior to the start date.
- You can defer a maximum of 2 intakes.
- Transfers are only permissible with the schools prior written consent
- Upon deferring their course, students waive their right to submit an application for a refund. Where a student has deferred their course, and subsequently fails or attempts to withdraw from the course no refunds will be provided save in exceptional circumstances. DHGE has sole discretion in determining whether or not student’s circumstances are exceptional.
Interruption of DHGE Website or Online Campus
- Interruption of service: You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the DHGE Website and/or Online Campus may be inaccessible or inoperable, by reason of one or more of the following:
- Equipment malfunctions or faults.
- Periodic maintenance procedures, downtime, or repairs that we may undertake from time to time.
- Causes beyond our control, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, attacks on the network and network congestion or other failures.
- Business and operational reasons.
- No breach: Such interruption to the accessibility of the DHGE Website or Online Campus will not be deemed a breach of these Terms and Conditions under any circumstances whatsoever and we will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of any interruption, inoperability or inaccessibility of the DHGE Website and/or Online Campus.
- Security: We will use reasonable commercial measures to secure our system and your profile in the Online Campus, and related information, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. You undertake to contact us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
This User Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. You irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and waive any objection to such a forum.
Copyright in this DHGE Site including its look and feel, and all materials included in it, is owned by or licensed to DHGE and all rights are reserved. You must abide by all copyright notices and restrictions contained on the DHGE Site.
You may not copy, distribute, enter into a database, display, perform, create derivative works of, transmit, or otherwise use any materials from the DHGE Site (including computer programmes or other codes) ("Site Materials"), except that, if you are a registered user, you may use or download certain of (only as provided in each resource description) the Site Materials only for personal, non-commercial use, and only if you do not alter the text or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice displayed on the Site Materials.
Dignity Health®, Dignity Health Global Education™ DHGE™, the Dignity Health Logo, and any other trademarks on the DHGE Site are trademarks owned by DHGE or other DHGE companies or affiliated companies (collectively, "DHGE Trademarks"). You may not use the DHGE Trademarks in connection with any product or service that does not belong to us, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers about whether we are the source, sponsor, or endorser of the product or service, nor in any manner that disparages or discredits us.